- To provide resources for specific diabetes research and advancements for better outcomes (2016 premier partner is T1D Exchange)
- To help assist in sending kids to diabetes camp
- To inspire all affected by this insidious and dreadful disease, and help create and recruit other ³diabetes Warriors²
- To raise awareness and educate the general public on the symptoms, struggles and risks of life with diabetes
- To ultimately help create a world free of diabetes
How It All Began
Superstar and Diabetes Warrior, Carly Lenett, a kid on a mission
May 23rd, 2008, the day Carly was diagnosed at age 3, was an awakening and turning point for dad Mitch, also a lifelong type 1 diabetic. After a short bout with depression and self pity, things became crystal clearExpand. Seeing Carly¹s intense resolve and tenacity developing daily, Mitch knew immediately that Carly¹s life would be one of advocacy, of fighting and beating diabetes. At four years old, Carly dove into the deep end of a pool, to chase her brother Ben, who was eight. Carly had no idea how to swim and her parents were terrified. In the blink of an eye, Carly was swimming. Back and forth, lap after lap. And so it began. At seven years old, discussing an upcoming diabetes walk, Carly innocently asked her dad if she could ³swim the walk.² After informing Carly that the walk required, well, walking, a lightbulb went off. Mitch asked Carly if she would like to do a separate swim event to raise money for diabetes. A few years later and almost $100,000 raised to date, we are very proud to feature, with the help of Coach Tim O¹connor/Emmaus Swimming and Diving, our annual ³Swim For The Cure² featuring Carly and her BFF, Olympic medalist Kristy Kowal, who has swam alongside Carly for the last 3 years. Please check out our event page to keep up to date on our events and how you can donate!!